Toolcast are now able to utilise the latest in measurement technology for tooling and moulding scanning.
Using the SWYM technology, it is now possible to visualize the results of a measurement directly on the object.
Features & Benefits for tooling and moulding scanning
- 3D scanning at the highest precision
- Adaptive full colour projection with colour and intensity control
- Colour back projection of measurement results (e.g. CAD comparison)
- Short scanning times through fast digital projection
- Quick and easy exchange of measurement fields
- Maximum degree of feature accuracy thanks to highest resolution camera sensors
- Can be combined with a handheld probe
- Highest stability for scanning
Previously, the performance capability of the fringe projection was highly dependent on the surface properties of the scanning object. The colour and reflection properties of the object surface had a significant effect on the quality of the measurement results. This is where the digital adaptive full colour projection technique of the StereoScan neo provides the necessary rectification by using colour and intensity control to optimally adjust to the given surface properties.
The adaptive full colour projection technique enables projection not only of the colour patterns which are necessary for the scanning process onto the object, but also of the generated measurement results. This, for instance, allows for the deviations from the CAD to be visualised in colour immediately following the measurement on the surface of the scanned object.
This procedure provides the user with totally new possibilities during the workflow. In the tooling and moulding scanning industry or in the context of model making, deviations of the component surface can be measured and visualised quickly and precisely by using the SWYM technology. Based on the projected deviation images, corrections on the object can be made promptly and on site. In a similar way, deviations in the context of inspection tasks can be made visible immediately and the necessary rectification measures can be taken right away.